The International Association for the Humanities (IAH) was founded in 2007 with the help of the Carnegie Corporation of New York and the American Council of Learned Societies as an independent association of humanities scholars primarily in Belarus, Russia, and Ukraine.
Its mission is:
— to meet the social and intellectual challenges to humanities scholarship posed by the collapse of communism, the ongoing process of globalisation, and new nation building in the region,
— to further the creation of a social and scholarly environment favourable to the generation and preservation of free expression and dissemination of humanitarian knowledge,
— to elevate the status of humanitarian knowledge and the professional and ethical values it affirms, to develop ties between scholars in different countries and in different fields of humanities, especially within and among the former Soviet republics,
— to encourage innovative shifts in the established paradigms that have governed humanities research in the region, to support independent individual research projects of the highest quality, especially of younger scholars.
IAH’s mission, membership, and program should bring new representation from the post-Soviet region to the international scholar community through the sharing of scholarship, through the exchange of information about opportunities as well as difficulties in regional humanities, and by direct interactions among different scholarly communities.
The working languages of IAH are Belarusian, English, Russian, and Ukrainian.
Governing bodies of the Organisation:
- General Assembly
- Supervisory Board
Main collegiate governing body is General Assembly. General Assembly consist of members directly, confirmed by their personal attendance or by their authorised representatives.
Executive body of the Organization is Board that manages current activities. Board of the Organization of at least 3 people is formed by General Assembly and consists of President (Head of Board). Vice-President (Deputy Head of Board) and member or members of Board with term of rule 3 years.
President is a Head of Organization and is a Head of Board at the same time and is elected by General Assembly with term of rule 3 years.
Vice-President is elected by General Assembly with term of rule 3 years, is a member of Board by position.
Control and consultation functions of Organization fulfilled by Supervisory Board of the Organization (further in text - Rada) which is elected by General Assembly from list of members of Organization in total number not less than 9 members with term of rule 3 years.
- Izabela Kalinowska-Blackwood — Stony Brook University, USA
- Boris Kolonitskii — European University at St Petersburg, Russia
- Oleh Turiy — Ukrainian Catholic University, Ukraine
- Tatiana Shchyttsova — European Humanities University, Lithuania
- Yaroslav Hrytsak — Ukrainian Catholic University, Ukraine
- Gelinada Grinchenko — V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Ukraine
- Alexander Dmitriev — Higher School of Economics, Russia
- Alexander Kamenskii — Higher School of Economics, Russia
- Aliaksei Lastouski — Polatsk State University, Belarus
- Oksana Mikheieva — Ukrainian Catholic University, Ukraine
- Iryna Romanova — European Humanities University, Lithuania
- Andrzej Tymowski — American Council of Learned Societies, USA
- Elena Trubina — Ural Federal University, Russia
- Natalia Shlikhta — National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy, Ukraine
- Angela Brintlinger — Ohio State University, USA
НОВИНИ Й АНОНСИ
5 октября 2021 года
Solidarity with a Belarusian philosopher Uladzimir Matskevich | Салідарнасць з беларускім філосафам Уладзімірам Мацкевічам | Солидарность с беларусским философом Владимиром Мацкевичем | Солідарність з білоруським філософом Володимиром Мацкевичем
26 июня 2021 года